Latest Product

Michelle Pfeiffer on Henry Rose, Her New Line of Fine Fragrances

Michelle Pfeiffer is paving a new route in the celebrity fragrance world. The actress has been quietly working for the past seven years on a line of fine fragrances that complies with the Environmental Working Group’s strictest health and safety standards. The line, Henry Rose, debuts today with a five-scent range, making it the first fine fragrance collection to be EWG Verified. In an interview with WWD, Pfeiffer said she began paying closer attention to ingredients after the birth of her children. Her research led her to EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database — which eventually led her to reach out to the organization directly. She is now a board member. “I utilized [EWG’s Skin Deep database] for many years and one of the things it kept pinging was fragrance,” said Pfeiffer. “I took that to mean that fragrance was really toxic, so I started looking for fragrance-free products and I stopped wearing perfume. Cut to many years later, I decided I would see if it were possible to develop a fragrance. I thought I would do the typical celebrity licensing deal, [but] I was told, ‘Nobody’s going to be 100 percent transparent with you.'” Michelle Pfeiffer  Danielle Levitt In 2012, she reached out to Ken Cook,

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD http://bit.ly/2Igt43Y
via

No comments