Latest Product

How Internet Star Bretman Rock Does NYFW

Bretman Rock thinks his hotel room is haunted. This is perhaps part of the reason he rarely leaves Hawaii, though for New York Fashion Week, he made an exception. The 21-year-old YouTube sensation, who has 6.5 million subscribers, made his fashion week debut this season, attending the Jeremy Scott, Christian Siriano, Brandon Maxwell and Sies Marjan shows. “The show is so quick, I felt like I blinked and it’s done,” said Rock from his hotel room in the Financial District on Friday evening. Moments before, he and celebrity makeup artist Kristofer Buckle, who counts Mariah Carey and Blake Lively as clients, were debating whether or not to add gold glitter to his eye makeup look. To some, it’s a trivial decision, but for Rock, it’s an important one: he feels all eyes are on him this week. Bretman Rock getting ready to attend the Jeremy Scott show in New York.  Masato Onoda/WWD “I don’t mean to sound popular or anything, but I feel like everyone’s looking at me at the shows,” he said. “I feel I always have to be cute. I honestly like it a lot.” Rock’s presence at fashion week exemplifies a larger shift in the industry toward Internet culture. Photographer Renell Medrano, who

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/31c6bFM
via

No comments